H1B - Got 221g blue slip 8 Aug 2014 Chennai consulate

Thanks a lot Manju! My best wishes for your case, hope you hear the good news soon.

congrats Ryan…when did u have ur interview.

Hi Ryan,
Congrats for your visa.

Hi All,

I attended interview on 22nd Sept 2014 a Chennai consulate. Everything went fine till the last minute. Visa Officer asked for I-129 document finally and said that there was a missing page. He gave 221g blue slip with 3 items checked and asked me to mail them in PDF format.

1. Complete petition document with all supporting docs.
  2. Employement agreement signed between employee and employer
  3. Client project complete details including technical aspects.

I have mailed all the documents zip to consulate on October 7th. Till now there has been no update. How do we get confirmation if the documents are received by the consulate and being reviewed.

Please advise me. Am pretty tensed and in dilemma.

-Sagar

Hi Sagar,

There’s no need to be tensed. If you got an auto acknowledgement email as soon as you emailed the docs, you’re good. If not, try sending the files again without zipping. Zipping a pdf anyhow doesn’t reduce the size. If they havge already received docs, you can expect an update by next week. If not, approx 2-3 weeks from the time they receive the docs. In your case it smms becoz a page or 2 was missing, they just want to make sure everything’s in order, just a formality really.

Thank you, Ryan. I got the auto-generated email after re-sending them the documents. Not sure, how I didn’t get this email when I sent the documents earlier.

Regards,
Sagar

Sagar, Any updates on your case ?

Hi,

I got the response from consulate to submit the passport.

Thanks
Chandan

Hi Chandan,

Got news buddy, all the best :slight_smile:

When had you attended Visa interview.How long it took for the processing of your case.

Regards,
Sagar

Hi Nandu,

Therez no update on my case. it still shows last updated is 22nd Sep 2014 :frowning:

Hoping for updates.

-Sagar

Hi chandan,

Great news!! Congrats!!

Can you please tell, does consulate ppl asked any “Notarized wage documents” to you.?

Regards
Manjums

I get the below status when I send my passport# to passportstatus email

“There is no status update available for the passport number submitted.”

I went to interview on Sept 14th in chennai. Got 221g blue slipto submit project documentation stuff etc through email in pdf format and finally after i submitted requested documents on Oct 7th got respone on Oct 23rd asking to submit my passport at the nearest VFS center by giving another 221g blue slip attachment email.I submitted my passport on Oct 28th and still no update yet but online status says passports are still with consulate.

Hi Srio.
Lucky you that ur case is mmoving somewhere.Hope you get ur visa stamped soon.I appearedinterview on 17th sept and my employer replied on 27th sept all the docs.Thereis no status change after that.I want to know what all documents were asked to submit in ur case.Is it ur H1b visa or any other visa

Hi Sibabrata,
My case is H1B and Here is the documentation they requested for ( A detailed description of the project to which you will be assigned. Include a complete techoical description of the project ,employer , timeline , current status, number of employees assigned, worksite location, and marketing analysis for the final product ) in PDF format

I was also asked the same docs.But there is no update in my case.When i check my status using the case number mentioned in 221g it says issued.But it says AP whn i tracked using ds160 application id.This is really awful status.This status is their from the beginning .How do u check ur status.Does ur status same in both the cases.In your case u submitted the docs or ur petitioner submitted

Myself submitted the documents. You are saying issued what does that mean? Did u already got email to submit passports and you submitted passports as well and status shows issued? where did u checked the case number status? what is the site

No the status has not changed once from its creation.it is from the beginning.I am not asked to submit the passport till now.

Just now my status changed to passport delivery

I had my H1B visa interview today, counselor asked me few questions and took my passport. They didn’t confirm the status(approved or anything else). Just ended the conversation, saying ‘Thanks’.
They don’t even asked me to submit any documents. Does that mean my Visa is approved ?