H1B - Got 221g blue slip 8 Aug 2014 Chennai consulate

not yet…waiting for positive update in upcoming week…Will see

Hi Friends,

Today i got below email, please let me know what it mean? Could anyone help me… Why i got this email? whether my visa approved? but i didnt get email to submit my passport…

Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate
The passport number being returned is XXXXXXX
You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location:
Chennai, No 3 Cenotaph Road, Chennai, 600018
If you have any issues or concerns, please contact us at www.ustraveldocs.com/in.

@abalakec - Did you try calling the the call center to ask or try checking the status on : CEAC ?

Hi Friends,

I am also in the same situation, I have attended the visa interview on 25 Aug 2014, and got 221-g form to email the ticked document in pdf format. but after collecting all the documents the size is more than 25 MB. so how can i submit all the documents in one shot. can i ziped the docs or keep the docs in some shared drive and provide the link in the mail. i am confused how to submit all the docs in one shot via email, and what should be the subject line and content of the mail…

please advice…

Hi Chandansh,

zipping the files won’t help reduce the size if they are in pdf format. You can split them into 2 (or more) emails. Just mention the Case Number, Application (DS 160) ID, and Passport Number in the subject line for all emails. In the message body of the 1st email you can mention the list of all documents that you are submitting and just mention that becoz of the size and number of attachments you will be splitting it into multiple emails. Should be good enough. All the best !

you can send in 2 diff email with same content with attachments

status still in Administrative Processing… Can any one have idea

status still in Administrative Processing… Can any one have idea, what will be the next

Hey abalakec,

I did some research on your case and it seems the additional documents you submitted have been reviewed and this is an automated alert that triggers once your documents are reviewed (and generally accepted) so in case you have submitted any originals, you can collect those from the VFS center. Please see the link below for a cpl of similar experineces people have had.

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/64990-221g-chennai-blue-slip/page-2

I think you will probably be asked to go to the VFS office where they might give you another blue slip asking you to submit your passport for stamping. So make sure you carry your passport, if you get such a notification, to avoid any further delays.

All the best and do keep us posed on how it goes.

Thanks, as you said they have given another blue slip asking me to submit my passport for stamping. Submitted my passport.
I am happy now…

Hey Abalakec,

Congrats on your visa!!

Regards
MANJU

Congrats abalakec ! Really happy for you. Can you tell us if yours is an EC model (direct client) or EVC model (vendor in between) and what documents were missing when you were interviewed? This will give everyone some indication of processing times

Hi Abalakec,

Congrats for your visa.

congrats abalakec.Could you let me know how long was ur case to get resolved and did ur passport info changed to “no passport info at this point of time” when u checked at passport tracking.

mine is EVC model, when i went interview i forgot to submit Client letter… Since i am going to work at client place and my employer in from different location…

Interview date on 10-Sep-2014 and submitted required documents by 12-sep-2014 and got email by 30th-Sep-2014… nearly took 20 days to get update from US Consulate…

Thanks abalakec for the details. My scenario is exactly the same as yours. I have emailed them the documents on Oct 3, hoping I get an update within this month.

I have emailed my documents on 9th Oct. lets see how much time it will take to response form US consulate. hope for the best.

I got an email from the consulate yesterday asking me to submit my passport. So in my case it took exactly 2 weeks as I emailed my docs on Oct 3 and got a response on Oct 17. The question I have is which center do I need to submit the documents to in Bangalore? Is it the same VFS center where you need to go and collect your passport after stamping I.e. Prestige Atrium one? Can someone pls confirm.

Hi Ryan,

That’s very good news. Congrats!!

And in your case if your in Bangalore, yes you should submit your passport in VFS which is prestige atrium of St’marks road.

Regards
Manjums