H1B - Got 221g blue slip 8 Aug 2014 Chennai consulate

I had my H1B visa interview today, counselor asked me few questions and took my passport. They didn’t confirm the status(approved or anything else). Just ended the conversation, saying ‘Thanks’.
They don’t even asked me to submit any documents. Does that mean my Visa is approved ? Please help.

What sort of questions did they asked? You can check in ustraveldocs by logging into that site or you can check status either by DS 160 number in CEAC website

Thanks for your response.
I checked status of my application on ceacc website and it’s mentioned as ‘application is under administration process’. What does that mean?

That means your visa is not yet issued and still it is undergoing administrative process. They may be doing further verification and may even request any additional documentation if needed by Giving 221g and send back to you along with passport . If they feel what ever you submitted satisfies their needs they may just send your passport back to you with visa stamp on it. If the website shows status as issued then you got Visa. Usually most of cases processing time takes around or in between 60 days before final decision made. If it involves more complexity in your case they may even take longer than 60 days. But anyway hope for the best out of it and be positive. By the way where did you attended your visa interview and what are the questions they asked you.

Hi Ryan…

How long did it take to get ur passport after submission.

Hi Sibabrata,

It took exactly 1 week to get the passport back with stamping after submission. I submitted the passport on a Monday, status got changed to “Issued” on Friday of the same week and the passports were delivered at the VFS Center in Bangalore on Monday the following week.

Also, they took exactly 2 weeks to process the additional documents they had requested via email. Friday of the 2nd week is when I got an email with another 221(g) asking to submit my passport.

The key here is to be patient and hope for the best as it is a slow and cumbersome process. Hope this helps.

Stay Positive
Ryan

Hi All,

Today I got an email asking to submit the passport. Another 221g has been sent with only item checked which asks to submit the passport.
But when I check my case status, it still says Last updated as 22nd Sep 2014. Hope everything is fine right?!

Regards,
Sagar

Congrats Sagar your Visa Issued and welcome to usa

Hi All,
I went to H1b interview on 06/11/2014 and got 221g blueslip. VO asked to email all the below documents to their email id.

1. a copy of petition
    2.offer letter
  2. contract letter between petitioner and client
    4.detailed description of project.

I have requested my petitioner to send those documents to US cons asap. Any one know how long the process will take? Bit tensed and fingers crossed.

Thanks
Saravana

Hi Saravana,

Be Positive!!

I suggest you to send all the requested documents at earliest , the processing may take its own time, Sometime It will process within two weeks & sometime within four weeks & sometime more than that depending on the particular case. Till that we need to be patient.

** important ** while sending your documents , make sure the documents size is below 3-4MB. if the file is big or more then 4MB , then break the file into small small files & send respectively.

It happened in my case, initially we sent bigger files(about 18MB files) & i received a call from consulate after 10 days asking to resend in smaller sized files. I hope my suggestion may decrease is your waiting days

so discuss with your petitioner about this & send the documents ASAP.

**ensure that you will receive an Automated reply as acknowledgement once you mail to consulate
Regards
MANJUMS

Hi ManjuMS,

I have attended interview on Oct 1 and have got 221g form with just additional processing ticked.
Later I got my second 221g on Oct 29 asking me to mail a couple of documents Which I did on the same day.
My documents are more than 8 MB and I have even asked USTraveldocs support before sending, they said you can mail upto 20 MB docs.
Do I need to worry?
Any pointers are appreciated.
Thanks

u better ask ur petitioner to respond ur case as they know how to send big files or else ask thm.They would help u so that there wont be further delay in ur case

Hi Sibabrata,

Even though I sent it from my mail ID, it was based on my petitioner inputs.
My only issue is the files are more than 4 mb(Petition document was around 8 mb).

Thanks

Hi EagerKh,

you can send files up to 20 MB. i think in your case there is no problem, in my case i have sent 18 MB total in a single mail. and i got the response in 2 week to submit the passport.

Thanks
Chandan

Hi Sagar,

In my case it is taken only 2 weeks after emailing the documents. any update in your case?

Thanks
Chandan

Hi Manjums

yes the consulate asked me for the notarize list of employees of petitioner. and project related documents.

Thanks
Chandna

Hi Chandansh,
Thanks for the update.
So I can expect a reply this week. Fingers crossed.
Will update you in case of any progression.

Hi Sagar

did ur get ur visa stamped passport..How long did it take i ur case.

Hi eagerkh
Did u get ur visa. I am also in same boat.i got blue slip 221g on 21nov 2014. Dovi need to worry.

Hi
I have attended visa interview on 20 nov 2014 in chennai.
VA asked simple questions and gave blue sl.
Then he took my resume and kept passport with him only.
How much time it will take to process 221g form.