'we updated your name for your Form I-129' on USCIS tracker- What does it mean?

Hello Guys, Unfortunately My case got denied last night…! All the Best to you Guys…! Feeling very bad after waiting long time…!

Hi RSR,

I too got denial update from my employer, but in USCIS status it still showing “Name was updated”. Plz let me know whether your status got changed in USCIS site?..I’m in confusion that, Oct 27, my status changed to “name was updated”. Still showing same status. But i do not understand that how my employer is saying it was denied. Have you got denial notice?

Hi Sarvanooty, I saw the status in USCIS and informed to Employer… He will get the reason for the denial and options available by Jan8 itseems as per the USCIS site…May be USCIS sent denial notice to you Attoney/Employer and they updated you… Very much disappointed… :frowning:

Hi RSR,

Have you got the notice, what is the reason for denial?

hi my case is now 2 months old and I still didn’t hear anything from their end. . . :frowning:

Hi Pavan,

you can create login and u can see the case history and next steps in uscis site.

Create login using ur personal mail ids, (do not official mail id)

Yes, I already have it but no change in the status.

Hi sarvanooty and RSR…sorry for the denial. Wanted to know…whether the denial happened for appeal or after sending RFE. I think we get message “Name was updated” in both the cases for appeal and after sending RFE. Please confirm.

Hi guys,
I have been following this thread for a while now . I also got an rfe and response was sent in October and then status changed to " your name has been updated"
Finally today I got my approval.
All the best evry one who are still waiting .

Powerstar,

Have u got approval notice or whether the approved status was updated in uscis site?? In ur case when the status was changed to “Name was updated”? how long have u waited after this status??

Hi murthy,

My case was after RFE response review, it was changed to “Name was updated”

sarvanooty,

My status was updated to approved .On dec 2 my status was updated to " your name was updated" and approved on jan 9 .

Hi Power*
Congratus!!, iam also in same boat from dec3rd. pls let me know yours name was updated on security check and your case from WAC series with US company?

thank you,
PK

My case status was updated to approved on the uscis webpage…my case was from eac with US employer.

Powerstar, yours name was updated status its because of security check clearance or diffrent reason?

PK

Guys,

Any hot updates…

No updates , still waiting since Dec 3rd name was updated (security check pending). How many days will take to clear security check? pls let me know.

PK

My case was also showing the same status “On January 27, 2015, we updated your name for your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number xxxxxxxxx” and luckily it was approved after two days! Good Luck to Everyone!

GUYS ANY UPDATE OF YOUR STATUSES SO FAR ?

Hi,

I got the same update on 05/11/2015. Can one one explain what exactly this update means.