'we updated your name for your Form I-129' on USCIS tracker- What does it mean?

My Visa/I94 expiring on 29th nov14. My employer filed extension on 21st oct14. Now when I am checking through USCIS tracker, I am getting the following message. ‘On October 21, 2014, we updated your name for your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number xxxxxxxxx.’

Does anyone have any idea what exactly does it mean?

Hi,

I am also having the same status. Do you have any update now?

Not Yet…

Hi,

I’m in the same situation. Send RFE on 10. Oct. Name was updated on Nov. 06, 2014. It’s really unbearable during the long-time wating.

Good luck for everyone!

I didn’t received even RFE. This was the first status i got after receiving reciept no.

Then you may no need RFE. Checking status becomes my daily routine. Nothing can complain, just cross fingers and pray.

Do you guys have any update on this issue? I got this status after my intent to revoke notice…(NOIR)

No update. Honestly starts to have that feeling: one more day waiting, less hope.

No update :frowning:
Waiting & Waiting…

I got the same status before after that got RFE,I am waiting for RFE. what are the RFE questions asked by USCIS.what is the reason for NOIR @sarvanooty

hi all, i am on the same boat got the same status " Name was updated". Not sure what’s next. did any of you guys receive approval after this status ?

This particular update means that something from USCIS has been sent to production or printing usually after approval.

All the best

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Colorado Heights University, www.chu.edu

This is correct, as I received my approval 2 days back. All the best to all.

hi Sandeep,

Is this status possible for revocation? because I got NOIR, we submitted the RFE response, after that the status was changed from “RFE reponse review to Name was updated” , say"October 27, we updated your name for I-129 petion for an non-imigrant worker".

Will get this approval sign.will this stauts lead to approved case?
Please explain in detail.

Congrats Inferno!!!.. Hope to see everyone hearing the same.

hi all, i am on the same boat 20 days back i got same status " Name was updated" then after that went to RFE status. Did any one have idea what they will ask?

Thank you for your comments for all waiting people as I here, Dr. Sandeep

Congratulation Inferno!!!No more waiting.

HI All,

I am also same situation here. But mine is AAO Appeal for the denial of H1 petition after submitting the the RFE.

After applying AAO appeal
Old receipt says
DEC1st we updated your name for your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker

New receipt says
Nov25 we updated your name for your Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal to the Commissioner

Hi Mr. Sandeep I got my RFE then my status changed to “Name Updated” so does this mean that there is a decision taken ? Because as praveen2014 has replied his status went to “RFE” instead of Decision from “Name Updated” . . so does this status simply mean they took a decision and not approval?