Notice Explaining USCIS' Actions Was Mailed

My H1B case status is changed to

Notice Explaining USCIS’ Actions Was Mailed

On July XX, 2016, we began reviewing your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WACXXXXXXXXXX. We mailed you a notice informing you of the action we intend to take on your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice and submit any requested materials. If you do not receive your notice by August XX , 2016, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to How to Change Your Address | USCIS to give us your new mailing address.

Could this be RFE ? Please help me out understanding the meaning.

Please note ,‘Case Was Received’ was earlier case status .

Could be RFE or approval. They started using this generic message couple of years ago, and could mean anything. I don’t think it would be denial, as they should always issue RFE before issuing denial.

Hi Sri_88,

Do you got any updates on this. What was the details asked by USCIS? Does your status changed on providing response? I am also having same status.

Hi Anup,
It is RFE. USCIS have asked for more documents.

Thanks Sri, did your employer provide response to USCIS? and did your status changed?

Hi, I was in the same situation couple of months back till last week. This refers to Notice of Intent to Deny(NOID) but not a denial(a step before a deny). Its a kind of RFE and USCIS will request some additional documents. Upon successful submission of the requested documents, my petetion got approved.

I was worried a lot about this, but submit requested valid documents with in time, then you should be fine. I’m writing this because, I couldn’t find any stable answers across all other responses and worried a lot. I came across such situation and this response might help someone atleast. Good luck!!.

1 Like

Hi Anup,
Yes, we have provided necessary documents to USCIS. Status is changed to ‘‘Response To USCIS’ Request For Evidence Was Received’

Hi Pavan,
Thank you very much for all your information and Congratulations for petition approval!

Thank you Sri , can you please keep posted on the status updates.

Hi Siri_88
Did you get any updates on your case?
Thanks

Hi Ted_D,
My petition status is not changed yet. It is still as '‘Response To USCIS’ Request For Evidence Was Received".

Thanks Siri_88 for the update. All the best.

hi Sri, any updates on your status?

Hi Pavankethineni,

33 days back my status changed to “Notice Explaining USCIS’ Actions Was Mailed” and My employer submitted required documents now the status is “Response To USCIS’ Request For Evidence Was Received”.

Can you please tell me is your status changed same like mine. And how long USICS took to approve your case once it changed to above status

Hi sri
Pls update … what is the status?
We are so many people having the same status here… it would be helpful for us.

I am also in same status… uscis hv to respond all these cases before jan 31st.

Hi Cnu1252
The status ‘Notice Explaining USCIS’ Actions Was Mailed’ implies RFE.
We have shared required documents promptly.
unfortunately , my petition got denied few days before.
Wishing you all the best .

@Cnu1252 thanks for your reply. On what basis you saying that USCIS have to respond before jan 31st.

As per the past history immigration girl (Emily) posted in her comment that uscis should close all the h1b cap list for this year before 31 st jan and also suggested not to convert any h1b from regular to premium since it is just another 40 days

Sorry for that. We all know its tough time 50-50 chance. No more hopes for us this time. Better luck next year