H1B application status changed to 'Document was Mailed'

H1B application status changed to ‘Document was Mailed’ for i129. Is this an approval, receipt notice, rfe? Can someone please help me out here.

This is a fresh H1B with CoS.

It could be anything. It is a generic message, sometimes the system gives…Please wait for the actual document…We have seen couple of users say that got approval notices, but again, too little sample to generalize it.

Thank you Kumar for your reply. Is this status more relevant to CoS petitions?
One of my friend told me it could be a new I-94 and that’s why the ‘document was mailed’ status was posted by USCIS.

Thank you!

No, it is seen for all kinds of petitions…nothing like that…

My H1B application status shows the same as yours “Document mailed”. The what ever the document they mailed is supposed to be delivered by July 20. I have not received any document from USCIS yet. Did you figure out what document they mailed you?

I am still waiting to hear from my employer. They haven’t received the documents yet.
Are you planning to raise a request with USCIS to resend the document to your employer/attorney?

@Kumar looks like many people are getting this status from USCIS - ‘document was mailed’ and there is very little information available on web.
It would be great if you can create a platform to collect more information and get together the applicants with this status to share their experiences. Just a suggestion.

Thank you.

1 Like

@FreshH1b2019, agree. This is a good starting point as thread, I see others adding info. Please share your updates, once you have anything. Hopefully others, who encounter this thread will share their experience. I will also figure out other ways to get this data from main blog.

Now the status says Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction

On July 19, 2019, we transferred your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number XXXXX to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by August 18, 2019, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

At least now you have the clarity that your case has been transferred. That status was too confusing.
From which centre to which centre your case has been transferred?

From WAC to EAC (CA to Vermont)

Some of these intermittent statuses can be very confusing. Always wait for the physical document or notice and then look at the details in them…Dont panic by reading online info.

today my case also changed to document mailed status, could you pl. let me know what is that status? any one got updates after that?

Hello, i got my case status updated today as below

# Document Was Mailed

We mailed your document for your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WACxxxxxxxxxx.

By searching about the current status, it was too confusing reviews from the forums.

Please help to share if anyone got positive results with this kind of status :slight_smile:

Thank You
Venkat.

@basislife is status is not very clear and used for multiple reasons. There is nothing we can know until attorney’s receive the physical document. Wait for the documents and update the thread so that others are aware.

For your reference, in recent cases, USCIS is using this status to issue another receipt notice or for case Tranfer to other centres.

Keep the hopes high. Good luck!

@redbus123 Please refer to thread for more details and update when you receive any update.

Cheers!

@kannareddyhari Hey after how many days tour status changed to case was transferred and have you received the new receipt notice?

Looking forward to your reply!

@ FreshH1b2019 I am not sure about the timeline. But, I was supposed to receive the document that USCIS mailed by July 20, that never happens except the status change regarding the case transfer on July 22nd.

@FreshH1b2019, Seems you have first opened this question 17days ago, May i know the status of your application now ? What does the document say if your petitioner had received the documents from USCIS ? Please share your feedback in the forum to help others :slight_smile:

Thank You.

@kannareddyhari, What i heard from my friends that usually it takes a week to 2 weeks time to receive the documents from USCIS, so we have to wait and see what is there exactly but your case it is clearly stated that they transferred the application for processing to VERMONT center. May i know is this your fresh H1B or H1B Extension. If your application is H1B extension when did you previously applied your H1B at VERMONT center ?

Thanks for your feedback :slight_smile: