Case reopened after Case approved 2018

My case was denied on the basis saying, I had to provide SOWs, or MSAs between vendor and clients. I opened up a motion to reconsider, and sent the SOW.

Feb 13: Case Was Reopened For Reconsideration

Feb 14: Case Was Approved

Feb 14: Case Was Reopened

Why did it reopen again after it was approved? What does this mean?

It would be a system glitch. You cannot really trust the intermittent statuses. You need to really wait for the physical notice that your attorney gets. Just speak to your attorney to get clarity on the physical notice…online statues can be very misleading.

Hi Kumar,
Thanks. Do you mean its the University DSO’s responsibility to approve this?

Hi moak091,

can you please provide your MTR Filing date?

What do you mean by filing date? It was opened on Feb 13th. I think we sent it a week before that.

No, it is NOT DSO…USCIS handles these cases, just the system glitches. Talk to your attorney or employer, they should get the physical notice.

Hi Kumar,
Yes they did get the notice for reopen. What does this mean now? I got approval notice as well…

@moak091, Whichever letter/ notice came latest from USCIS, I mean the latest date printed on the letter, that is your actual status of case.

My latest letter is case reopened. So what is my status now? Am I still on H1 since I have the approval letter as well.

The last action from USCIS is what is your current status. If your last action/ letter from USCIS says Case Re-opened, then that is the current status. You can check with an attorney to get clarified. But, last action is the general guideline.

@moak091 i have a similar situation today? What was your final update on your case? I have received an updated on Feb 04th saying we reopened your case,on Feb 5th case was updated to on Feb 4th we approved your case, after an hour case was updated to on Feb 4th we reopened your I129 to reconsider our denial decision. could you please advise? Thank you

Have you received both approval and reopened letters in mail?

If so what you did?

I am in the same boat, status changes happened to me today, could please let me know what happened in your case.

Currently I’m not sure whether my case is approved or they reopened to review.

Hey @moak091 which letter you considered reopened or approval?

Hi Ravi,

I have the similar situation, what is the current situation in your case. Is it approved or reopened.

Hi,

I have similar situation , what is the latest update on your case

Hey Sameer, I received I797 approval and on next day I received reopened, which literally means they reopened the approval case and attorney confirmed still my H1 is valid to work until I receive the further reply on reopened case.

Hi Ravi, Thank you, Can you let me know your Approval dates for H1B.

Hi Ravi,

I happened to face similar situation today. Whats the latest update with your case?

I got the approval and 1 hr later it changed to reopened.

Hi Sandeep,

I got the H1b approval notice in mail(just like regular approval) and after 2 days I got the letter saying case is reopened, it’s been 4 months and no latest update and case is in “Reopened” status.