Case reopened after Case approved 2018

Hey sameer, what is the latest update on your case?

I got the approval update email notification to My Attorney on the day the status changed. But when it got changed to Reopened after 1 hr, she didnt get this reopened notification. But the case tracker is still showing ā€˜Case is Reopenedā€™. When i asked her she is saying it might be software glitch and wait for the approval letter. What should i do if i receive two notices? Should i just wait for them to give another decision ?

You should always wait for the physical notice, online status can be very misleading and not accurate many times.

@Saddy_N In my case I received both approved and reopened letters and Iā€™m waiting for further update from them for past 4 months, I am not sure if it is technical glitch or they intended to do so. I say you donā€™t worry much and keep working as you will receive valid approval notice for sure.

Today i received I797C Approval notice and the initial reopened notice. Didnt recieve post approval reopen notice yet. Waiting for I797A now. Status still shows Case was reopened. My sevis is terminated now,i might need to reinstate if case is reopened again after approval in real.

What did your attorney suggested? Did they followed up with USCIS?

Hello,

Today i recieved my I797A with validity dates. Havent recieved any post approval reopen notice or notification yet. But my status is still showing CASE WAS REOPENED.

When i asked my attorney, she is saying the official notice is all you need, It might be online glitch if you do not get any notice of reopen from USCSIS. But i am worried if the notice is lost and they reopened my case. My sevis is terminated as my change of status is approved, in the case they reopenedā€¦i should reactive it and join CPT to maintain status.

How do i confirm my case was not reopened and i am h1b ? Is there anyway to check the status of i94 number they sent with approval ?

Thanks

Hi Ravi did you recieve I797A with i94 dates for the approval in your case ?

Hi, have you received the other notice I post yet for the case reopen? Iam in the same boat and have status updates same like as you guys had. I really want to know what is the current status for you and Ravi

Same here. My h-1b was denied in 2018 and has got reopened and approved yesterday. This morning, Iā€™ve received another update saying ā€˜the case was reopenedā€™.

I didnt got any reopen notice. But i got Approved status notice and I797A as well. The online case status still shows case was reopened. My attorney said to dont worry about online status as it is not 100% accurate and I797A is final proof of approval. I didnt follow up after that.

Thank You for replying my post. Iam still waiting to get formal notice from USCIS and attorney suggested me to wait for 10 - 15 days to have substantial answer. All the very best for you :+1:

How long did it take for the approval notice to arrive? itā€™s been 2 weeks since my application was approved but no notice letter yet. Are you aware of any ways I can request an email copy in the meantime?

I am also in the same boat. My case status is also changed to reopened after H1 approval

Hi Suneel
I am in same boat. My H1b transfer request is approved and reopened later on next day. Can you please confirm what happened with your case ? How much time did it take for you to receive final decision ?

I have received approval in a week from this change happened only. However, in online status itā€™s still showing as reopen. Itā€™s been 3 months and Iam planning to go for stamping. My attorneys said that could just be a glitch and can happen quite often

1 Like

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I just got another email from USCIS for RFE. this is making me more worried now