"Appeal Was Approved" what does it mean - after we re-opened the denied case on H1B

I had got a new receipt number WAC***** after I applied for motion for the denial which i received on answering my RFE on H1B.

After I got the new receipt number within 10 days my USCIS Case status changed to “Appeal Was Approved”“The appellate authority approved your appeal and mailed you a decision. Your case, Receipt Number WAC******, is being transferred back to the originating office for completion. If you do not hear from the originating office by December 21, 2016”

My old receipt number WAC*** which showed a denial on my status before re opening for motion now changed to

Case Was Reopened For Reconsideration

On November 21, 2016, we reopened your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WAC1*******, and are reconsidering our earlier decision. We sent you a notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by December 21, 2016Please can you tell me If my H1B is approved or is the decision yet pending.?Is there any chance of declining after dis situation where it tell that APPEAL IS APPROVED.

Thanking you

Jump Jump Jump… your H1B is approved…

enjoy…

hi… need some information regarding your post. when is your denied and when did u appeal your case ?
my case denied on nov 2016 and my employer appealed but no status change yet.

Hi Shankarme my husband’s H1b was also denied in Oct 2016. His employer has also appealed but no status change yet. Please let me know in case you get to know anything @ ashlathad@gmail.com

I am on the same boat. Please keep updating if get any information.

Hi

Did you get any update on your old receipt (i-129)? If yes, then can you please share the dates.

I am facing the same scenario, my appeal was approved on Feb 17th and old receipt number was reopened. Till today there is no update on my case.

Your reply will help a lot!

same here. Do you have any update so far?

Nothing yet. I have given up now.
When was your MTR approved?

my appeal for H1B was approved(I-290B) May 9, but not any update of the original H1B application.

timeline:

init application: April 1,

denial: Oct 4 2016,

appeal: Nov 2016

appeal approval: May 2017.

H1B: waiting.

hi… may i know when the case was reopened. and when it got approved… and what u r waiting for. i too appealed my case and reopened. but no update yet

can you email me pravi8427@gmail.com… would like to know more information.

I appealed to AAO. appeal get approved, but did not have any update on the original case.

HI , If appeal … how much cost required to appeal… these dodgy guys denied my case…

about 600$ for the I290B, but lawyer may charge you extra fees. After wating 15 month and not approval yet, my advice is “do not appeal”. the appeal pass rate is very low. check https://search.usa.gov/search?query=H-1B&utf8=%25E2%259C%2593&affiliate=uscis-aao&dc=1847

Hi All,

I’ve read Q&A and found that i-290B has been approved for few people. I have a question that how to know if it was approved or denied?

I got the following update from them few days back -

On August 10, 2017, the Administrative Appeals Office (AAO) transferred your Form I-290B, Notice of Appeal to the Commissioner, Receipt Number WAC**********, to the USCIS office that made the original decision on your case. That office will mail you our decision or send you a request if it needs something from you. If you move, go to How to Change Your Address | USCIS to give us your new mailing address.

Kindly let me know if this is approved or denied.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hi H1bappeal2017,

Did your H1 got approved? If yes, how long it took for you after you received “Case reopened after reconsideration”? I am in the same boat, please let me know. Thanks!

my visa got approved at Aug 16, 2018. about 3 month after appeal approval.

Thanks for the info! This helps me.

Hi ,

Even my MTR case status “Case was reopened for reconsideration” and its in same status for almost a month.

h1waiting12345 ,Can you say what happened to your case?How long it took to get the decision?

When your appeal was still active did you apply for H1b lottery again in April? So when your appeal was approved in August dint you have 2 active cases violating duplicate active cases for the same beneficiary ? WIll that affect ?

My H1b decision was appealed in Dec 2018. Still dint get a decision. Can i apply again in 2019 April while my appeal is still active ?