221g blue slip - passport retained - no documents asked

My Visa is issued now…will get my stamped Passport soon.

Interview date 3rd May, Visa issued on 12th May.

@VKhanna
Don’t worry, now a days they are doing this for lot of cases. But eventually u will get ur stamped Passport unless u are missing any docs.

Just wait for a week or 10 days.

Same thing happend to me attended the interview general questions got a white slip with admin process checked and passport retained no documents sked. Interview happend on 23rd. On 28th the case was updated but still says admin processing. H1b stamping also i have a muslim name… any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

You can’t do anything right now.
Will just have to wait.
Wait for 1-2 weeks…u will get it for sure.

Thanks Amir for the advice!!

Hi, I had my h4 visa interview today. My wife is a dentist in the US. She recently got her h1b approval (yet to come to India for stamping). Interview was pretty basic. Very sweet VO. She asked me if I was in the US for 6 months on my tourist visa (this was when I got married to my wife, and stayed back) and if I was questioned separately by the CBP (this was after i stayed in the US for 6 months, happened when I was entering the US after that). At the end of the interview she gave me the 221g yellow slip which said Administrative Processing and said they will contact me in any further documents requested from my end. She retained the passport and said “I will hold on to this as it should take much time” and that she would look into the matter this week. I told her that i plan to travel to the US on the 22nd of September, and if I should change my travel plans to which she said “we’ll contact you by the end of the day and let you know on that” Before leaving i asked her “I hope all is fine” she smiled and said “yes yes :)” Wondering what i should make of this. Could it be because my wife’s status online still says “application received”? even though she has got her i797 approval notice. Or was it because they want to do a background check on me?

Hi zappy,

did you get the visa?

Hi sukhdeep,

did you get the visa?

Hi,
I am so sorry guys forgot to update the comment i did get my visa. 16th august dropped the documents for dropbox. 23rd august was called for the interview. 1st september it case said issued. Best of luck guys hang in there you will get it for sure.

Hi vkhanna,

did you get the visa?

Hi,
I am facing same problem. I have applied for J1 visa. I had interview on 2nd April 2018 at Chennai consultate. VO kept my passport, CV and offer letter and issued a blue Silp, only crossed at administrative processing. And informed me that I will get an email. Did anyone got an email whoever is faced the same problem? How many days it usually takes? What exactly the email about? If anyone have gone through same difficulties, kindly answer. Thanks in anticipation.

Dont worry man you’ll get it if they kept your passport you’ll get it. It will take may be 3 to 4 weeks.

Hi,

Did you get your visa? If yes, how long did it take?

I am facing the same problem. What is the status of your visa?

Still under administrative processing.

Okay. It has been more than 2 weeks. Did you try to contact them?

You just have to wait. If you call they are going to say same thing. If they keep the passport 90 % time they will stamp it. Might take 3 to 4 weeks.

My VISA interview was on 4th June. I was given a blue sheet 221(g), administrative processing. Passport retained. There has been no mail asking for additional documents.

VISA Type: J1

The forums are frightening, the wait times are a nightmare.

Is it normal to not receive a mail asking for documents?

Don’t worry. I had the same issue and got it in 2 weeks. They won’t ask for documents. Keep checking the status. All the best!!

People have had to wait for about a month, I’ve heard. But thank you so much, your comment made my day brighter.

Which consulate? Do they work in order, clear cases according to interview dates? A friend has been waiting for 39 days now. Chennai Consulate.

Fingers crossed. I hope I get my VISA issued soon. Dream internship.