Working in US on H4 visa for dependants

I have a H1B visa and would be travelling with my wife. She will be having H4 visa.She is IT expereinced professional with 4 years experience. Can she get an H1B visa in US and how ?

What are the possibilities of working for H4 visa holder in US?

she can not work on H4 unless H4 to H1 change of status(COS) is applied and approved. she needs to first find an employer willing to sponsor for H1 and starting 1st April '13 they can file the change of status for her. Once it is approved she can start working from 1st Oct '13 or later. Remember that in COS, once she leaves US she would need to get the H1 visa stamped before re entering.