Working in the US without the H1B Visa?

Hi everyone,

I am a marketing manager and i understand the H1B Visa Cap has been reached. I wanted to know if there is any chance to get a marketing assignment even without the H1B. For example, what about working as a free-lance? Do they require the US work permit / H1B Visa anyway? Would be reasonable a company hires me as an European consultant, for example? Please advice!

If you would like to stay and work legally in US, you will need H1B Visa, irrespective of the kind of work you do. You need to maintain legal status to avoid any issues in future.