Work Visa Options for Spouse


I am travelling to USA on H1B through IBM India. I wanted to know under what visa options and how soon my husband can work in USA? Pls suggest all possible options.

How we can find work sponsorship?

direct answer is no way possible atleast for some time since you are on H1.

sooner and better option is to apply for MS into any college and try… other options are obviously takes more time since you are with IBM India.

He will need to switch to a J-1 or his own H-1B. Based on his background and the type of organization he applies to, a cap exempt option might be available but this is more easy in the bioscience field.

All the best

Dr. Sandeep Shankar

Visa and Career Advice without Lawyers