Will doing MS be rewarding ? Got 8 years of work experience

Hi Saurabh & Kumar,

Background about me:

I have 8 years of experience in IT industry, by profession i am Engineer(Computer Science). My basic intention to pursue MS, is to master the field of database management. I am not looking MS has a optition to earn money rather i want to be technically sound in the database field of work.

I know it’s too late to pursue the dream of doing MS at this stage. Since i am bit financially stable now, i thought of taking your opinion on this matter.

I am married (with no kids as of now).

My question: Will doing MS be rewarding to me or not?

BE:- 72%

PUC:- 78%

SSLC: - 72%

1. Will 8 years of experience carry any weightage, i mean Do universities give some points for this?

2)How much salary i would be getting once i complete my MS, will i be hired as a fresher or will i stand out as strong candidate compared to others ( Coz of my work exp…i believe it depends on the stream i select for MS, which should be relevant to my experience)? Coz there after i need to repay my educational loan + loan that i am currently running.

Hoping to get an answer

Best Wishes,

Pradeep

PS:

"Thanks, you guys are doing a wonderful job. Your articles are straightforward, very informative and they are simple with honest answers. Moreover your intention… it’s great “help others” through your rich experience. Thank you for taking sometime out from your busy schedule, every minute you put it’s worth.

Keep up the good work"

My question: Will doing MS be rewarding to me or not?

Not sure if you have read this article : [Goal for MS in USA ](http://redbus2us.com/if-ms-in-usa-what-is-your-goal-become-a-professor-scientist-etc/)

If you are really passionate about higher education, it will be rewarding. In fact, many Americans pursue higher education like MS after working for over 5 years...Select good schools and aim high, you will enjoy it !   

1)  Will 8 years of experience carry any weightage, i mean Do universities give some points for this?

Yes, they will. You should put that in your Statement of Purpose and resume. Articulate your goal and how work experience helped you decide to puruse your dream. 

2)How much salary i would be getting once i complete my MS, will i be hired as a fresher or will i stand out as strong candidate compared to others ( Coz of my work exp....i believe it depends on the stream i select for MS, which should be relevant to my experience)? Coz there after i need to repay my educational loan + loan that i am currently running.

Well, it all depends on the company that hire you. Your previous experience will be given importance. You will defintely stand out, if you prove yourself. There is no benchmark as such, you can make anywhere from $60,000 USD to $130,000 USD, depending on the company.

Also, read this to get some perspective : [MS in US money or passion ](http://redbus2us.com/why-study-masters-in-usa-goals-for-studying-abroad-just-job-or-higher-goals/)

Thanks for the kind words.