Wife holds H1B visa. Now in India. Can she apply for H4 from India?

My wife was working in USA on H1B. She got transferred to India with the same employer to take care of our child. Now, she wants to come and join me in USA on H4 visa on long leave. She hasn’t resigned her job. She might work later in USA after a few months for the same employer after applying for change of status. Will she face any issues in getting her H4 stamped? Should she quit her job to apply for H4 because the h1B was sponsored by her current employer?