Why does my expired petition still shows up in USCIS status check?

Greetings,

I had a company file my H1 petition in 2006 and the petition was initially approved. I then appeared for stamping at Chennai consulate in the same year and I was refused a Visa under 221(g) and my case was sent back to USCIS. After 5-6 months, the company that filed my peition called and informed me that case has been cleared and I can reappear for stamping. At that time I was not interested to continue with H1 any longer, so I did not go for stamping.

My question: The case number (EAC number) still shows up when I search for it in USCIS case status page and has the below status:

Post Decision Activity - On August 7, 2006, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

What I already know is that the petiton itself expired in 2009 but then how come the status still shows up as above? Does it mean I could make use of it in some way?

Thanks in advance!

USCIS just keeps the track of all petitions… Its a H1B Approval and not any expiry of stamp