whts the fee (instate or out-of-state) for students convertn frm H4 to F1


Am studying masters on H4visa in Texas . I pay in-state tuition fee.

I want to change to f1 visa but am worried about the fees

Because the in-state fee is almost half of the out-of-state fees.

My friend is doing undergrad on F! visa. She converted from H4 to F1. she is saying she is still payng in-state fee, even though she is on f1 right now.

Is it possible that people pay in-state fee even after converting from h4 to f1 ?