When Will H1-B Premium Processing Resume?

Hello everyone,

I understand premium processing was suspended back in April for up to 6 months. We have seen USCIS progressively resume premium porcessing for certain categories in the past couple of months.

When do you guys think premium processing will be resumed for all H1B applications? Notably the new H1-B applications that were picked in the lottery this year.

I understand nobody really knows but just curious as to what people think.

Thank you!

My friends that works in USCIS say they are hopeful that all premium processing will resume this month… but nobody really knows. Fingers crossed… I’m still waiting for my adjudication as well. Good luck.

Thank you very much for your response, that’s very helpful! By the way, what do your friends at USCIS say about the timeline of new H-1B application decisions being rendered?

Not sure of a new H1b timeline?

I mean H1B applications from this year’s lottery as opposed to transfer applications. Do you know by when they plan on processing them? Thank you

They had been backlogged for years. Staff is working on clearing all the backlogs before premium processing can be resumed… However with other tracking website… I see adjudication for non-cap cases getting approved in less than 90 days… :frowning:

Sometime back in 2015, there was a similar H-1B premium processing suspension but got resumed within 2-3 months. Here’s that news : USCIS Resumes Premium Processing for Extension of Stay H-1B Petitions | USCIS. So, hope the current 2017 suspension also ends soon like it ended in 2015.

Sometime back in 2015, there was a similar H-1B premium processing suspension but got resumed within 2-3 months. Here’s that news : USCIS Resumes Premium Processing for Extension of Stay H-1B Petitions | USCIS. So, hope the current 2017 suspension also ends soon like it ended in 2015.