what would the best course/diploma to get enrolled with in US for an HR professional

Hi All,

Need your precious advice as i am sailing in the same boat ,I moved to columbus,ohio in March’14 after my marriage before that i was working for a reputed firm as a HR professional in india from last 3 years but now being on H4 visa I cannot work here so want to enroll myself with some course or Diploma (not an expensive one) so that i can get a job here but iam in big time dilemma which course i should opt,as i have heard that for HR professonal getting H1 is difficult here.

shell i continue to get enrolled myself in some HR course so that i can leverage my previous experience or should i change my feild to get job here ?

kindly suggest i would be highly oblidged .

Neeti

Neeti,

Your decision totally depends on your passion on what you want to do in your career. Your understanding is correct, it could be hard. If you choose to stay in your field, you may puruse an MBA with emphasis in HR… It could help you get a job in HR area. What I suggest is that you, you can go to one of your local university and meet an admission counsellor and discuss the prospects. Also, you can search for H1B Sponsors jobs by roles releated to HR. Unfortunatley, our H1B SPonsor database is not ready yet for this, we will enhance it…

Also, another thing that you can do is leverage your HR subject area skills and become a business analyst in that area. So, you can opt for a MS in any computer science or IS related degrees and puruse your career as a Business Analyst in HR area…

Cheers !