What does "we updated your date of birth for your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker" mean?

I can see other applicants receiving update on their “Name”, my case status says “date of birth” on USCIS website (under my case status)
Is it one of the steps before USCIC approves the H1-B application or does this mean that they have raised a RFE or rejected my application?

Note: I filed for H1-B under general category (mo-premium) in March and saw this update on 24th June.

Hi Dan,

I have got a similar status now. Can you please tell me what was the next status and how much time it took for the status to change? What does it mean as well?

Applied H1 extension on - July 28 th, 2015
status changed on Nov 13, 2015 - we updated your name for your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker

Any one got approved. please suggest.

Hi Mishra,
I have the same status now. Can you please tell me what will be the next action for the case with DOB Updated? Thanks!

Hi all I have the same status

we updated your date of birth for your Form I-129 Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker

what does this mean Please guide

Im not an attorney and the views expressed here is based on my personal experience. If you received a status update saying “we updated your date of birth for your Form I-129 Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker…”, you don’t need to fret. It most likely means that an immigration officer has started working on your application. This status certainly doesn’t increase likelihood of getting an RFE.

In my case, I applied for H1B extension based on an approved I-140 in premium processing. Following were my time lines:

1. Applied for extension: 11/17/2017

2. Case received by USCIS: 11/20/2017

3. Status update "“we updated your date of birth for your Form I-129 Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker…” on 11/20/2017

4. Another status update “Case Was Approved And My Decision Was Emailed” on 11/30/2017

Hi, any updates on this? I just got the same status as yours

Hi, did you get any update on you case? I also have the same status now.

Any updates after that i just got the same status update

@Daniela0226, don’t worry that just means that your application is under process. I received my confirmation on H1B visa not too long after this status was changed.
Good luck

I received a letter that my i290b Motion to reopen and reconsider was granted and a new decision be entered on my case does that mean im approved for my application

I got the same status today date of birth update for my i290b, did you received the same status and then a letter? It would be really helpful

@Daniela0226, did you got status update about your letter? Or you just got that date of birth update and then that letter?

Yes after that date of birth update i got my letter for i290b approval and 10 days later i got my appointment to issue my certificate of citizenship … i applied for N600

@Daniela0226 Thank you for the quick response. How many days it took to get the letter after that date of birth status update?

I got the update aug 19… i got letter aug 22 for i290b granted…aug 31 i got my appointment for this Sep 13 for certificate issuance

1 Like

I just got the same DOB update for my i-290b. Did you receive any additional update online before you received your approval letter? Really anxious about this since it has been 15 days and I still haven’t received any letter.