I had an H1B from Employer1 which is expired in July 2011. I was in US for about 4 months during 2010-11 timeframe. And, I have full set of petition documents inlcuding I-797B form, my SSN etc & also have W2 form and US Pay Slips with me.
Now, I’m working for Employer2 in India. I know that I dont need to go through CAP. Here are the questions from my end.
(1) Can I renew it? It was expired in July 2011
(2) If I can renew through CAP-Excempt, what are the procedures? Can Employer2 or a new Employer3 can renew it?
(3) Since I stayed outside of US, will I be eligible to stay for another 6 years again (including 2 allowed renewals)?
(4) How long the normal renewal process take?
(5) What are the costs involved?
Expecting an expert comment on these queries. Thanks in advance