we updated your name for your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker

Hello guys,

Can some one explain me the meaning of " we updated your name for your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker"…

Thanks,

Sunil

1 Like

I got the same update on 05/11/2015. Did you hear anything from your side or what exactly this update it?

No…I didn’t hear any thing from USCIS. Actually I have registered in USCIS portal and linked my case number to my registration. I am suspecting that, they might have updated the name which I have given in that portal. If you also registered in USCIS portal please let me know.

I did registered but after getting this update that the name in i-129 have been updated. So i think its not related to online registration. Alt least in my case.

Ok. If you hear any thing from USCIS please let me know. I will also do.

What update did you guys receive after this one? Hope you got your H1-B approved

Any update on this status guys? I’m on same boat fingers crossed!

Hi…I am having the same case.

Since May getting this same message.

Please let me know if any change in status…I will also keep u guys posted.

Hello mainankit, my status has been changed to “Response To USCIS’ Request For Evidence Was Received”.
You can ask your consultancy people whether they send the responce to USCIS.

Hi Sunil,
that’s good news.

Does ur status directly changed to this from the previous one?

I will check my employer verdict on this wether they received any RFE request.

Anyhow …I hope u wil get a approved notice soon :slight_smile:
Keep me posted please

Hi Guys,
Any update to anyone.
there is no RFE in my case and since 13th May , “the name has been updated…” message is flashing.
The wait and Message is Killing me :).
please share if you have any news on this

Hi,

It still says Response To USCIS’ Request For Evidence Was Received. I am still waiting for the reply.

Hi,

It still says Response To USCIS’ Request For Evidence Was Received since august 6th. I am still waiting for the reply.

Hi Guys,

Any news on this "Name change " message?
And is there is any time line till which USCIS have to respond back…

Mainankit

Applied H1 extension on - July 28 th, 2015
status changed on Nov 13, 2015 - we updated your name for your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker

Any one got approved. please suggest.

Hi,
Got my H1b approved on October 5th. But change of status denied. So went to india and got my stamping.

Thanking You.

Bit confused on H1B approved and change of status denied. could you please briefly explain. i am in tension whether my case will approve or denied ?

Hi,
This is my first H1b. So had to change from F1 to H1. Thats why had to apply for change of status.

Ok, got it. How long it was taken for you "Name updated " status to denied.

In my case almost since 2 months "Name updated " status showing.

Thanks in Advance.

Honestly man it is taking a while. My whole processing took 6 months.