Wanted to know the process of changing H4 Visa to H1B


Iam Haripriya came to US just one month back.  I completed my Mcom(post graduation) in the year 2009. I have a baby 2 1/2 years old and i never worked before. I came here on h4 visa as a dependent and my husband have h1b- visa and working here. I want to do job here and so please let me know the process of how to change h4 to h1b- visa.
  1. Find an employer

  2. Ask them to file H-1 for you along w/ COS when the cap opens in April 2013

  3. Wait for USCIS to complete the processing

  4. Once H-1 is approved w/ COS, you can start working on H-1 (earliest date allowed to work is Oct 1, 2013)