Visa Staus after H1b interview

Hi Saurabh,

On 31 Dec 2012 I attended H1B interview at Hyderabad consulate.

At one counter after regular interview VO(American) returned my passport and asked me to wait after some time and at another counter (Indians) taken my passport and said that you will get your visa. I am checking my visa status it is showing in admin processing.

Could you please let me know what my chance of getting visa is and how much time it will take to get the passport?

Thanks in advance.

No one can guess the chance of approval as it varies from case to case. There is no set processing time and it can take anywhere from few weeks to several months.

Is this your first stamping? Are you in EC model or EVC model or working as a full-time employee?

Yes this is my first stamping.Presently working with top US MNC and my petitioner is a small US based software product Development Company and offered me full time employment for in house projects.

As it is a product development company, you may be asked to present information about the product, its market value, sales strategy (high level) etc. Lot of consulting companies use internal projects as a sham to avoid submitting client information. So the consulates pay close attention to internal projects especially through small companies.

If they have filed H-1s in the past, you can find out the success ratio and it will give you another parameter to gauge your chances.

Hi Saurabh,

The VO not issued any slip(Passport with them) and as of now I have not received any mail from the consulate.

Could you please let me know what steps can I take in this case?

If the VO kept the passport, then it’s a positive sign. There is nothing you can do except to wait for them to complete the processing. They will contact you by email if they need additional documents.

Hi Saurabh,

The final status is as below.

Issued
Application ID or Case Number: AAXXXXXXXX.
Case Creation Date: 28-Dec-2012
Status Updated Date: 08-Jan-2013

Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.

That’s positive news as it sets the deadline of 10 days to get the final update.

Please let me know where are you checking the above mentioned final status? I sent an email to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com and I get a reply, is there somewhere else we can check the status?
In ustraveldocs.com, My dashboard has no information…

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA==

Received mail for US Travel Docs,

Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate.

The passport number being returned is XXXXXXXX.