Valid H4 holder staying in US and converting to H1

My friend has valid H4 visa and she is currently in US. This year she got her H1 petition approved.
Now, question is does she needs to get her H1 visa stamping outside US?

Her employer can file change of status from H4 to H1B so she dont have to go for H1B stamping.