USCIS H1B Processing time, H1B transfer happen on just receipt Number?

Hi All,

I have two questions :

1. My H1B extension got approved on 7th Nov so how much time USCIS takes to send the approval notice. As my employer is saying USCIS send it via normal post and takes 3-4 weeks.
  2. I’m transferring my H1B from company A to company B and if my approval notice doesn’t reach on time, Can employer B file the H1B transfer using Receipt Number (EACXXXXXXXXXX) or i797C ?

Thanks.

It takes couple of weeks for the physical copy to arrive…can be sometimes in a week too…
Yes, they can file for H1B transfer using your receipt notice number, in fact, the number will be same…
They will just use it to indicate the cap exempt situation…
The Employer B need to submit your status documents, for that they need your current h1B approval notice, I-94 and your pay stubs, etc.

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for your reply.
It’s great to hear that H1B transfer can happen on receipt number as well. Because my employer seems to be very lazy in giving my i797A.

The Employer B needs to submit your status documents, for that they need your current h1B approval notice, I-94, and your pay stubs, etc.
Here I don’t have H1B approval notice so will it create any problem for me. Rest documents I have like i94, pay stubs and all. The last H1B approval notice has been expired and I don’t have the new i797A copy yet.