USCIS Case Status

My H1B was denied last year and we filed an appeal earlier this year. Below is the case status. Can you please tell what this means? This is the latest update on USCIS website.

“The appellate authority approved your appeal and mailed you a decision. Your case, Receipt Number XXXX, is being transferred back to the originating office for completion. If you do not hear from the originating office by November 21, 2018, please call the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283.”

1o minutes before this update, I received another update stating that the appeal was dismissed and the original decision remains same. Not sure which one to trust! Please help…

Thanks in Advance!!

Four days later, my attorney received a mail from AAO stating that the appeal is sustained. (Meaning H1B petition is approved).

Hi @star50_honey, on what grounds was your H1 denied initially, and how long did it take for your MTR to get approved?

Hi @star50_honey, on what grounds was your H1 denied initially, and how long did it take for your MTR to get approved?

It was denied in January stating that the position does not meet the criteria of a specialty occupation.

For any of those who’re wondering about the status of this case, it was approved by USCIS after 3 months of AAO’s decision. USCIS literally tries to test your patience. We have contacted USCIS several times during this 3 month period. But they do not care. As of today (02/27/2019), the case status remain “Reopened” on website. However, we received a physical copy of I-129 6-8 weeks ago.