USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case

Since 23rd May when I try to check my status is USCIS site, message is displayed as “At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the NCSC 1 (800) 375-5283 for additional information”. What does this mean? anyone on the same boat?

1 Like

Based on other people’s responses on the blog it looks like it goes away in few hours or days to either RFE or approval. If your status doesn’t move then maybe attorney/employer should get in touch w/ USCIS.

Ok. I will wait until this weekend since there was a long weekend in between.If even then there is no change in status will have to ask my employer I believe.

and its RFE. do you have any idea how many days does USCIS give to submit the RFE response?

How long it took you to receieve an RFE?I am seeing a similar status from past 3 days…

I am not sure but I think it is either 60 days or 90 days.

So it will take 60 days for lawyer to get any status? Its been more then a week and I am seeing the same status message. My lawyer also have not received any update…

Sorry, I misread the question. The attorney should receive the RFE notice within 30 days. They have 60-90 days to respond to the RFE.

@h12012: it took 8-9 days for the status change. your petition is filed with which service centre?

So this status message definitly means an RFE :frowning:

Its been more then a week and I see same status message. My petition is filed with california center

Even I got the same message yesterday, how are the chances for approval?
I could hear most of the RFE. Also if anyone can share the RFE asked would be great.

@ H1B2: even my petition is filed with California centre…lets see what kind of evidence they are asking for.

I got this status Last Tuesday and still same message… Lawyer also have not haard anything…
not sure if it is rfe or approval… or what… Please update if any one else have any update…

My status just update to RFE, waiting for RFE details…
@H1B2, @h12012 did you got RFE details…
Also it would be great if you can share the RFE asked.

same here… RFE for me…

@h12012,@Hangover99 & @H1B2 am also seeing this msg for more than a week n my attorney hasnt received any communication from uscis. could you please share your RFE details and after how many days did u receive RFE details?

hi, after how many days after “Initial Review” was your status updated to “At this time USCIS cannot provide you with information for your case. Please contact the NCSC 1 (800) 375-5283 for additional information”?

@ tanushri29mani, I started seeing this msg from july 1st and sadly it got updated to RFE last week.

ohh… so how long was your application at Initial review? did they take a long time before your status was updated and was it normal processing?

Its regular processing n uscis received my petition on april 8th. so its been 3 months! Its California center.