USA- L1B and H4 visa query

Hello, I have valid L1 visa and currently serving maternity leaves in india , I am planning to visit my husband who is in h1b in usa as his dependent with h4 visa.

My question is : can i get H4 stamp in my passport having said that I have valid L1b already stamped in my passport. ( only stamp not planing to visit)

Will my H4 stamp in passport affect the L1 stamp in my passport?
Can I have 2 valid stamps in my passport at the moment? Just wanted to get the stamping completed for H4 so that if i want to travel in future, I dont have to wait for the process . Please guide

Generally speaking one can hold only one type of US visa at a time. This means if your H4 is approved, CO may cancel your L1.

Ok, and if after the L1 marked as cancelled , can I have option for restamping as petition for L1 would be valid or the petition will be cancelled too? Please let me know

You can go for stamping later on for L1 as far the I-797 remains valid.

You can enter US with your L1 and change the status when you are in US to H 4. That will avoid unnecessary visit to US embassy in India.

Ok, worst case if I enter US with H4 then will they cancel my L1 visa? What exactly happens if they cancel L1 at port of entry? Is there a provision to switch to L1 again as petition would be valid or petition approval will also cancel?please let me know

Can I do change of status from h4 to L1? Will again stamping will be required?

You have to tell me where you at now and what visa is stamped in your passport at this moment and is it valid?

Currently I am in India , visa stamped is L1b and duration till 2026

Very good. You dont have to visit us embassy in india. I would suggest enter the US with L1B

Ok, so now I want to get my h4 stamp so that I have my stamp ready, I can go for it , my L1 stamp will remain valid too correct in my passport? Only stamp , will decide later on which visa I will enter in USA later

I can have 2 valid stamps right? H4 and L1

Later on I will decide on which visa will enter USA Port of entry.

The moment you get h4 stamp l1b will be canceled without prejudice.