US visitor visa extension pending. Can they still reenter

My In-laws came to the USA in OCT 2020, and their I94 was allowed till 04/05/2021 (admit until). In Feb 2021, I filed an extension of stay for them (I-539), and my father-in-law received the approval till 10/05/2021. Both of their extensions were filed at the same time (Feb 2021), but one got the approval, and for my mother-in-law, it still shows as “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken” since March 2021. We wanted to get them to visit us in the USA (Chicago) again. Will there be a concern since her decision is still pending for my mother-in-law as it states: “Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken”. Also, for my father in law even though the approval is there till 10/05/2021 in the I-539 extension, the I94 still shows the old date (04/05/2021). When will the I94 be updated?

It should be ok of they left before the expiry of the extension you requested and is still pending after your MIL departed the US.

The I797 approval notice for your FIL should have the I94 attached that will show the extension dates. Online I94 will not update and will still show the expiry per the original entry date.