US Visa Dropbox Appointment - Delhi - Availability - Wait Times

This is a community contributed thread. Please add a screenshot or US Visa Dropbox Availability Dates for Delhi US Consulate here. It will be very helpful for anyone planning for US Visa stamping using Dropbox.

Update from forum at Dropbox Article

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @AniaAggarwal ! Appreciate it.

What are the current dates. Can someone put the screen shots.

Does anyone knows when July Appointment dates will be available for Delhi Visa centre for DropBox because i am seeing all grayed out for now.AppointmentDates

Latest availability as of Aug-31-2020

What category of visa is this for?

H1B drop box availability in Delhi.

Availability as of today in Delhi consulate:

Need Some help here. So I am traveling to India on Mar/8/21 and have only till Mar/31/21 to be eligible for the 24-month interview waiver/dropbox option. The Interview location I have selected is “New Delhi” on the Visa appointment site as well as the DS160. Now the problem is that I am not getting an appointment before Mar/31/21 in New Delhi. The only option with an open date before the said date is Chennai.

So I wrote into the Appointment site questions - and here’s what they replied -

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you would like to know information about scheduling an appointment under interview waiver.

In response to your question, please be informed that while an appointment is mandatory for submission of your application at any of the five Visa Application Center, you are not required to schedule an interview at the Embassy/Consulate. Please schedule an appointment date in order to drop off their passport and visa application materials at one of our eleven locations https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/drop-off-locations.html.

Please follow the link: https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/renew-visa.html to know about the interview waiver.

Applicants may use any of our eleven drop-off locations. Those applying at the New Delhi Embassy should drop off at the New Delhi, Chandigarh, or Jalandhar processing centers. Applicants for Mumbai may drop off at Mumbai, Pune, or Ahmedabad processing centers. Applicants for Chennai may drop off at Chennai, Bangalore, or Kochi. Applicants in Hyderabad and Kolkata should drop off at their respective visa application centers.

Also, please note that we will not be able to comment regarding slots availability. The slots availability is on the basis of first come first serve.

Also, please be informed that applicants are limited to the number of times they can view the interview appointment slots page in a day. If you have exceeded the limit, you will not be able to view the slots. If system sees this unusual activity continue, system will be forced to close your account up to 72 hours.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,
U.S. Visa Service Desk.

Now my question is -

On one hand, they say that an appointment for dropbox is not required and you can drop off the documents at any of the 11 dropbox locations. However on the other hand they say "schedule an appointment date in order to drop off their passport and visa application materials at one of our eleven locations "

Moreover, the options shown are just the 5 major locations ie Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Mumbai Kolkata. How do I see the availability on the other offsite locations.

I am stuck guys please help !!!

BTW I have booked an appointment for “Chennai IW” in the meantime but Delhi is my preference.

Any help or direction would be most appreciated … Thanks in advance.