Urgentand Imp: visa stamping after 5 month overstay

Hi Saurabh and other Active Users,

I was in US in L1B visa between Aug, 2010 and Nov 2013 with company X. My L1B visa as well as I94 were expiring on June 2013. In May 2013 my company X filed an L1B petition for my extension of stay of another 2 years. The petition was eventually denied. Company X received the denial notice in November 2013. Company X notified me about the same in a week time, asked me to stop working immediately and leave the country immediately. I stopped working and left the country within two days in November 2013. I was in USA until the decision was made. As per the information provided by employer X, I have resided lawfully during my overstay period in USA. 

Now, I have an H1B visa stamping appointment in India for Company Y. Company X and Y are both reputed MNC's. In DS160, I mentioned all the above information so that I'm transparent. 

Please let me know the chances for my H1 visa approval after 5 months of overstay. I'm  literally in stress and tensed about the visa interview.

Any suggestions are really helpful and will make me relief. 

Thanks in advance.

There is no point in getting stressed. This happens often. Please keep certain documents available for review if needed. Original L-1 approval, copy of L-1 visa, copy of I-94, copy of L-1 extension request, copy of L-1 denial letter or a note that explains basis (hopefully nothing serious), directive from employer X to leave USA and finally port of entry arrival stamp in home country.

All the best

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Colorado Heights University, Denver, CO 80223, USA. [www.chu.edu](http://www.chu.edu/)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST ALL INDIA ENTRANCE EXAM FOR STUDENTS IN ASIA AND AFRICA ANNOUNCED FOR BA AND MBA STREAMS. EMAIL [INTERNATIONAL@CHU.EDU](mailto:INTERNATIONAL@CHU.EDU) FOR SYLLABUS AND ENTRANCE FORM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Sir,
Thank you for your valuable input. I felt better after reading your reply.
I would like to update you that my visa was stamped and no questions were raised regarding overstay eventhough I mentioned regarding overstay in DS160. I reached US couple of days before.

Wonderful news! Wish you the very best for your future!!

Hi Sandeep, seems like i will be in the same situation. but how did you answer to
DS-160 Question: “Have you ever been unlawfully present, overstayed the amount of time granted by an immigration official or…”. did you put No or Yes. can you please explain whenever you have time? thank you