Urgent query regarding 221g for dropbox submission for H4

My husbands H1B expired last Sept when he was in USA. His co. applied for his extension and forgot to apply mine. His visa got extended in march 2014. When we realized his co. forgot to do my (H4) visa, i came to india in Jan 2014 and as i was qualified for drop box i applied for the same. But i got my passport back with 221(g) form calling me for interview. I have not yet appeared for the interview. Does anyone have an idea why was i given 221(g) and now what kind of imp questions to expect from VO?i will b appearing for visa interview at Bombay consulate .

This is terribly irresponsible on part of the company. Anyway, there is nothing to be concerned about. You were given a 221g to seek information on why extensions for both were not requested at same time. Please make sure you carry a ‘continuing marital ties’ document issued by any Indian notary that states that your marital status is active. Can your husband’s company issue a letter that states the fact that they did not process your extension in error? The latter is not important but will be good to have. Do not present either document if not asked. When a drop box converts to a 221g, all they sometimes want is to see your face and gauge how genuine you are.

All the best

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Colorado Heights University. www.chu.edu; sshankar@chu.edu

i do not have any letter from company as they refused to give any such letter saying that wnt b required.i have my marriage certificate and wedding album and all the required H1B documents of my husband. If asked i will b answering that co. missed to do my extension so im processing it from here…will that b ok?