I am on L1-B Visa and currently working in USA. My L1-B visa expires on 29th Jan 2013. I am planning to apply for the L1-B Visa Extension by Oct 2012. My Wife is also working in USA on H1B Visa.
My Question is : In case my L1-B extension is not approved by November 2012 Can I apply H4 Visa from USA ? If Yes whether it is mandatory for me to return to India once my H4 status is in approved or i can continue in US as dependent without stamping ?.
Also since my L1-B is valid only upto 29th Jan 2013 , if i apply H4 by November 2012 and status for H4 remains pending after my L1-B expiry ( i.e 29th Jan 2013) can i still continue in US until i receive final decision on my H4 ?
Your Reply will be of great help in this regards
Thanks & Regards