URGENT- H1B visa transfer after expiry?


I had valid H1B from June 2003 to 2006, but I had to change my job and go back to my home country in June 2004. This means, precisely, I worked for the parent company on this H1B visa for 1 year only.

Now I am woking on L1B in USA for another company and am thinking of changing my job.

Can I transfer the previous H1B visa to another company to utilize the remaining 5 years that were not used?

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Usually it is possible only if the previous H-1 was approved in last 6 years. Yours was approved almost 13 years ago. However, some folks have shared recent experiences where such a thing was successfully done. So if you are able to find an employer who is willing to file the cap-exempt petition, then go for it.

BTW, you will be eligible for not 5 years but 5 years minus time already spent inside US on L-1.