Urgent B1 visit during pending L1B petition


Request your help to sort out my dilemma.

My firm has filed for an RFE response on my L1B petition on the 25th of November. It is under premium processing quota.

I have a critical firm sponsored training coming up on the 14th of December for 1 week period for which I am required to travel from India to the US.

Incidentally, 15 calendar days from now is around 14th of December.

  • Can we travel on B1 when the L1B RFE response review is pending with the USCIS?

  • Does it increase scrutiny of the petition? What are the other risks?

  • Weighing the pros and cons and importance of the training, would you suggest I travel on the 14th?

Thank you. Your advice will help guide my choices.



If you have a valid B-1 stamped in your passport, there is no problem.

Best wishes

Dr. Sandeep Shankar; email: hopehumanityATgmail.com