Typo on I-129 application

My employer applied for my H1B visa and it was extended however when I got I-129 and found that accidentaly lawyer had answered no to “is the employer full-time question” and left blank in number of hours text box. LCA says I am a full-time employee. Do we need to file an amedment for typo on I-129? Can it affect my H1B stamping and green card processing?


The LCA is the superior document and overrides USCIS filings. No amendment is needed. Just get a letter from the lawyer addressed to you (or the company) that such a mistake happened and file it for future use if ever needed.

All the best

Dr. Sandeep Shankar, Colorado Heights University. www.chu.edu; sshankar@chu.edu