Traveled back to Home Country while the extension was pending for approval

My H1B Extension was applied when i was working in USA for client X but due to medical urgency i traveled back to INDIA before approval of my extension request.

Later my extension got approved and i got my I797 approved document being in INDIA from my employer, whereas my previous H1B petition (first time) is expired now on SEPT-15, if i want to travel again for different client & location Y with my new I797 valid till 2018, what needs to be done? please guide me, appreciate your response on the query.

H-1 amendment needs to be filed for the new 797 you have received. Once approved, appear for visa stamping (if the current visa stamp has expired). Once visa is issued, travel to US to work for the new client using the amended petition.