Travel to Alaska or Hawaii

I am H1B status (valid till 2017), but stamp in my passport is expired. I live in Michigan. I want to travel within US to Alaska and Hawaii.

Is it considered as international travel? Do I need US visa stamp while coming back to Alaska or Hawaii to Michigan?


I traveled to Hawaii last year with a valid I797 and expired visa stamp. There were no issues and passport wasn’t asked for, although I carried it. It was like traveling to Chicago from Portland.