Travel on B1 - US employee

Hello, I am looking for some advice.

Now that, we do not have option to get a H1 stamp on passport, can I travel to US on a valid B1 visa stamp from old passport ? What are the possible issues at port-of-entry.

Note that my H1 visa stamp got expired and I am US employee ( not India employee ).

If your intend is to start H1B job in the US, you need H1B visa to enter the US.