Transfer H-1B (consular processing) before stamping to new employer

Hi everyone,

I am currently working for company A on L-1B which sponsored the H-1B (consular processing) for me. They want to keep me under L-1B for the next 2 years.

However, I found a better offer somewhere else and in order to go there I need my H-1B.

Is possible to transfer H-1B consular processing before stamping? Which documents the new employer needs? How risky is it?

Thanks for your time! :slight_smile:

Well, this is slightly a grey area…In the past, it was quite possible to apply for cap exempt H1B or H1B transfer using your old petition details and do the transfer…In the past few years, USCIS is questioning some of them asking the candidate never had H1B status to be cap exempt for transfers…there are some who went through it successfully and some could not do the transfer…If you have an employer willing to take the chance and try it out, you should give it a try…