Transfer from Employer

I came from India with employer A after coming to the USA to change to Employer B.
If I want to return to employer A, do I need to transfer my H1b or do an amendment?
How much time will it take for an amendment?

Still H1B transfer needed. Amendment required if your work location is different from new employer location