Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately our visa was rejected from Singapore US consulate last week.
We were asked the following questions:
- how are you related : Sisters
- Why you want to go to us : To attend our sister’s wedding
- Are you working here in Singapore : Yes
- Do you have family in Singapore : No (Both of us are single)
- Your H1B was rejected this year : Yes
- Do you wish to submit any documents: We submitted the wedding card, invitation letter and letter from the Parish priest and our employment verification letter.
Officer did not even look at the documents. He gave us a white letter and said as you know many tourist and h1b visas are getting rejected this year sorry we could not issue the visa.
We really don’t know the reason. Both of us are working with some best IT companies in Singapore.
Do you know the reason why our visa was rejected? How about applying for the tourist visa from Chennai consulate?
Whole family is very upset and wedding date is on Feb 22nd and we do not have much time left.
Any reply from your end would be of great help.