Tourist visa to attend Sister’s wedding in USA

Hello Saurabh,

M y elder sister is getting married in USA. myself and my younger sister want to apply for the visit visa. Both of us are working in Singapore we have valid work visa until 2015.

Can we both apply for the group visa?

What are the documents that we need to submit during interview?

Our H1B visa was rejected this year from Singapore consulate, will it affect our visit visa?

Do we need to take any of our family photos? Parents got 10 years visa.

Is there any limit for the bank balance that we need to show?

Thanks,

Ms. Albert

I don’t know about group visa but you both can apply your individual B1/B2 visas.

H-1 denial will not impact the outcome unless it was related to submission of false information/documents.

You should have enough funds for the trip. There is no set dollar amount for this. Use of best judgment but don’t move around lot of money in the account as it may show that money was accumulated in the account for the purpose of visa interview.

It is nice to have an invitation letter from your sister, along w/ a wedding card and a group photo. This strengthens your case.

Hello Saurabh,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately our visa was rejected from Singapore US consulate last week.
We were asked the following questions:

1. how are you related : Sisters
  2. Why you want to go to us : To attend our sister’s wedding
  3. Are you working here in Singapore : Yes
  4. Do you have family in Singapore : No (Both of us are single)
  5. Your H1B was rejected this year : Yes
  6. Do you wish to submit any documents: We submitted the wedding card, invitation letter and letter from the Parish priest and our employment verification letter.

Officer did not even look at the documents. He gave us a white letter and said as you know many tourist and h1b visas are getting rejected this year sorry we could not issue the visa.

We really don’t know the reason. Both of us are working with some best IT companies in Singapore.

Saurabh,

Do you know the reason why our visa was rejected? How about applying for the tourist visa from Chennai consulate?

Whole family is very upset and wedding date is on Feb 22nd and we do not have much time left.

Any reply from your end would be of great help.

Thank you,