TN-1 to H4 to EAD to GC possible?

I am a Canadian on TN-1. My wife is on H1B (indian citizen) and her employer has filed I-140. Since I am on a TN-1 and cant apply for GC, can I change to H4 and EAD and then ask my employer to start GC?

Hey Venkat
what is the stemping process for Canadian citizen for H1B ?