Study MS in US or continue with job after BE

Hi Kumar,

I am BE(CS) graduate, 2011 batch, currently working as a developer in a software company from 2 years. I got 91% in 10th, 80% in PU, and 67% in BE. I was looking to do MS in US/Canada from good Universities. But i came to know from their websites and student forms, they look for minimum of 70 or 75% in BE. So i am in dilemma whether to proceed doing MS or concentrate on the current job and get into some premier companies.

I would be grateful to you if you can help me with your valuable information. Looking forward for your reply…

Thanks,
Sameer

Sameer,

Your BE percentage is just a small piece of deciding factor. You can offset the same with really good GRE and TOEFL scores. I have know people with 57% get admissions. So, it is not a show stopper. You may have to pick and choose schools to get admission. In any case, if it is your passion to stuy abroad, go for it. Just plan and go ahead. You can make it !

Thank u so much for your reply…:slight_smile: I decided to go for MS. Had one last question: Considering my marks, credentials and profile, could you please tell me in which country (US/Canada/Other) do i stand chance to get into its premier Universities…?

Thanks,
Sameer

Well, I cannot speak for other countries as I am not aware off policies in other countries. Well, you do stand in chance, but you have to really prove yourself in other scores and SOP.