- Applied for OPT in March and OPT period started in late July (90 day unemployment period ends in late October)
- H1B petition filed by Employer in June, and NOT approved yet
- Employer requested to withdraw H1B petition in early September (by which point of time this petition had not been approved yet), because I would not join them as previously planned
- This H1B withdrawal process may take a while (up to 2 - 3 months).
- My SEVIS record may still change to H1B in October, despite the withdrawal request filed in September.
- My university would need to help me correct my SEVIS record (from H1B to OPT).
Question: BEFORE USCIS completes the H1B withdrawal process and BEFORE my SEVIS record is corrected, can I start to work for ANOTHER employer in reliance upon my OPT (within the 90-day unemployment period), say in October?