Stamping of H1-B during H1-B transfer

Hi,

I got my H1-B in Oct 2012 through company A. It is not stamped yet and I am working in US. I got an offer from another company B to transfer my H1-B. I believe it takes 3- 6 months to get the transfer petition in hand. Is it ok to go India during this duration?

Is the tranfer receipt that we receive in 1-2 weeks enough to go for stamping or it requires the transfer petition?

Would there be any other issues due to this transfer during stamping?

Please could you clarify.

Thanks

Devi

Do you want to go for stamping through old employer or new one? Do you plan to return and work for old employer or the new one?

I would join the new employer within 2 weeks as soon as I get the H1B-transfer filed receipt number. But still I would not get the petition approval for atleast 3 months. I wanted to know if I go to India for just a vacation for 1 week or so sometime in those 3 months period, would the transfer receipt alone suffice for stamping. I would not have got the H1B transfer approval petition in hand that time.

Do they give stamping in these cases?

If I get stamping I would continue working for new employer only.

Thanks
Devi

For stamping, you need actual approval notice. So you cannot go for stamping through new employer with just the filing receipt. You can file your transfer w/ premium processing so that you can get the result quickly and then carry the approval notice for stamping.

Hi Saurabh,

Thanks a lot for clarifying. Yes filing premium would be better.

Thanks
Devi