Stamped H4 Visa, applied H1B visa(Initial Review), can i travel to USA?

Hi ,

My Spouse is on H1b in USA and i have stamped H4 Visa.

My Current Location is New Delhi India. An employer from USA has filed H1b Visa for me and its under Initial Review.

Can i go to USA with my Approved Petetion on H4.

If I go for COS, how much extra time would it take, can i start working from 1OCT 2013?

Kindly solve my query.

Can i go to USA with my Approved Petetion on H4.

>> Yes

If I go for COS, how much extra time would it take, can i start working from 1OCT 2013?

>> COS itself takes 2-3 months. It can be filed only after your H-1 petition has been approved. Depending upon how soon/late your H-1 gets approved, you can guess the tentative approval date for COS.

Thanks Saurabh,

Can you please let me know when can I expect the approval on H1b petition.Because approx 3 months it shows Initial review, i haven’t got any RFE and my employer profile is also good.

Processing can take 2-6 months. Ask your employer if they are ready to upgrade to PP, so that you can file COS quickly.

Also, to avoid RFEs during COS, try to file it after staying in US for at least 1 month on H-4. If not, they may question your intent of using H-4 visa to enter US. Talk to your attorney about it.

Sure Saurabh, thanks for ur help, will take your advice in future also :slight_smile: