Spouse name correction in passport after H1B stamped


This is Ashok and I am holding the H1b Visa validate till 2018 with incorrect spouse name in passport.

Now I’m planning to correct my spouse name in my passport. If I applied then I will get new passport with correct spouse name.

After getting a new passport need to go for stamping again or can I use old passport for fly.

Please response with correct suggestion.

While going for passport correction, explain to the passport officer that you require the visa stamped in this old passport and request them to cancel only the passport. if they do so, you can travel with the visa stamped in your old passport. But when you travel you have to carry both your old and new passport. This information is based on my personal experience. Please do verify with an immigration attorney once before you apply for new passport.


thanks for your suggestion.